Segnaliamo una biblioteca digitale che dà accesso a opere di consultazione (dizionari, bibliografie, riviste, mappe, registrazioni sonore, libri, fotografie, dati statistici e altri documenti di varie natura) che interessano la storia dell’Asia meridionale, con particolare riferimento al periodo coloniale inglese nel subcontinente indiano.
«The Digital South Asia Library provides digital materials for reference and research on South Asia to scholars, public officials, business leaders, and other users. This program builds upon a two-year pilot project funded by the Association of Research Libraries’ Global Resources Program with support from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. Participants in the Digital South Asia Library include leading U.S. universities, the Center for Research Libraries, the South Asia Microform Project, the Committee on South Asian Libraries and Documentation, the Association for Asian Studies, the Library of Congress, the Asia Society, the British Library, the University of Oxford, the University of Cambridge, MOZHI in India, the Sundarayya Vignana Kendram in India, Madan Puraskar Pustakalaya in Nepal, and other institutions in South Asia.
- Reference Resources: scholarly reference books and a link to full text dictionaries at Digital Dictionaries of South Asia (DDSA);
- Images: photographs are arranged in databases organized by the original collections;
- Maps: catalogs of maps and maps themselves, ranging from historical to topographic;
- Statistics: statistical information from the colonial period through the present, available in a variety of formats;
- Bibliographies and Union Lists: electronic catalogs and finding aids for dispersed resources and collections.
- Indexes: includes periodical indexes and document delivery mechanisms.
- Books and Journals: this section includes pedagogical books, general scholarly titles, journals and newspapers.
- Other Internet Resources: a link to SARAI, South Asia Resource Access on the Internet».